Thursday, March 12, 2009

I forgot to say about the trees falling down; we had some tree felleres in last week to get ready for the new roof. The palm that came down was dead and rotten, and it came on the house and the tank. I pushed it a bit, got it off the house, and then it looked like it would take out the tank and the tankstand. So we rang the aforementioned tree fellers, in a panic, but their phone would not ring. ( I think they are bits of cowboys, not that that has anything to do with not answering their phone,) So we had no alternative but to do it ourselves. So we used Billy's method and tied a stone on a rope, threw it, ( many times) until it got round just the palm , and PULLED. It worked. It missed the tank and the stand.Hours later, the phone rang; tree fellers. I am SO pleased we did it ourselves!
Now I am wondering about the increasing piles of garden rubbish.

No comments:

Post a Comment