Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Another beautiful day. The garden is drying out, at last. I was worried we would gradually sink into the mire. We have had a lovely wildlife time; I was standing on the front verandah, gazing into space, when I sighted a water monitor, tearing down the opposite footpath, into our creek. Then Billy spent a useless half hour yesterday afternoon, attempting to catch a bush turkey, through the fence in Tammy and Mick's place. he had boasted he could catch it, so I offered him $10 if he could. I knew I was pretty safe.
Then there was a lovely python crossing our road, while Eddie, from up the back, stopped the traffic. This morning we had a whip bird, and the Australian king parrots are back. The yellow tailed black cockatoos also, are back in the big trees up the hill.
Also the frogs.
What a life!

No comments:

Post a Comment